Why Boundaries With Courage?
There are many reasons to have personal boundaries, however they really depend on the individual as every person is different and has had contrasting experiences in their lives. Personal boundaries can help you -
- help clarify who you are,
- protect your time and energy,
- provide a clear moral compass,
- practise self-care and self-respect,
- communicate your needs in a relationship, and
- set healthy limits in a relationship and at work.
What are Boundaries With Courage?
When I started researching a name for this toolkit, these two words seemed to align...
Boundary: "something (such as a river, a fence, or an imaginary line) that shows where an area ends and another area begins." ~ Merriam Webster Dictionary
Courage: "the ability to control your fear in a dangerous or difficult situation" and "to be brave and confident enough to do what you believe in" ~ Cambridge Dictionary
What Will You Learn?
Specifically you will be invited to learn -
- how to recognise your own boundaries and start to implement clearer ones,
- ways to identify unhealthy boundaries and signs of unhealthy boundaries,
- 8 myths about boundaries,
- barriers to creating effective boundaries,
- identifying your own vision, values, strengths and needs,
- 7 elements of build trust in relationships,
- ideas, strategies and tips for saying 'no', as well as
- modules on creating financial, legal, environmental, social, emotional, physical, professional and spiritual boundaries.
How does Boundaries With Courage work?
The Boundaries With Courage course is about developing awareness and enhancing your skills and knowledge around boundaries.
The toolkit is divided in to 11 modules. An outline of them follows -
Module 1 - Introduction to Boundaries
This module includes -
- What are personal boundaries?,
- Why have personal boundaries?
- Types of personal boundaries,
The 10 laws of boundaries,
- Boundary myths,
- Barriers to creating courageous boundaries,
- Signs of unhealthy boundaries, and
- Boundaries - where are you now?
Module 2 - Reconnecting to You...
In this module we -
Identify your core values,
Identify your character strengths,
Identify your human needs,
Identify your personal boundaries and examine what you tolerate,
Identify your boundaries with courage vision, and
- Living above the line - where are you?
Module 3 - Starting to Establish Courageous Personal Boundaries
This module looks at -
Identifying your priorities for a week,
Ideas and strategies for establishing personal boundaries,
- 3 ways of setting boundaries,
Establishing courageous boundaries with yourself,
Establishing courageous boundaries with friends.
Modules 4-11 - Boundaries (Un)Learning Hub
The rest of the Boundaries (Un)Learning Hub is divided in to the following modules (M) -
- M4: Emotional Boundaries,
- M5: Environmental / Legal Boundaries,
- M6: Financial Boundaries,
- M7: Physical Boundaries,
- M8: Professional Boundaries,
- M9: Psychological Boundaries,
- M10: Relationship / Social Boundaries,
- M11: Spiritual Boundaries.
When you join Boundaries With Courage, you'll benefit from -
Personal Growth and (Un)Learning
As you participate and engage in Boundaries With Courage, you will discover additional self-worth and evolve as a person. By consciously focusing on you and the changes you want to make, you can continue to grow, learn and reconnect to your own inner wisdom.
No longer will you feel like you are trying to learn about learning by yourself (and try to learn something it is not)! In Boundaries With Courage, you will receive simple and practical insights from an experienced and certified teacher / coach.
Practice, Practice, Practice...
The key to life is paying attention and being present. Yes, this can be challenging. On the surface, it can appear easier to bolt and run away (don't worry I have done that many, many times), however in the long run it doesn't work. This is why we are going to continually practice coming back to focus on yourself and your needs.
Wisdom & Flow
There may be days in your career, life or business when you do not have very much energy. However, when you stop and reconnect with your heart, you can start to trust your own inner wisdom and flow within.
Encouragement and Support
You will have encouragement from Jane. When was the last time someone gave you genuine support and celebrated you? In Boundaries With Courage, we want to share your successes, no matter how big or small they may seem!
What Will You Receive in Boundaries With Courage?
Following are the inclusions for Boundaries With Courage. You can access the toolkit here to see a more detailed version of the inclusions.
Who is Boundaries With Courage for?
Boundaries With Courage is for you if you -
- are ready to give yourself permission to look after you,
- know it is time to stop and focus on your needs and self-care,
- want to have more time for yourself (without the guilt),
- know it is time to move outside your comfort zone (not the stress zone) and move towards what you want in life,
- are ready to apply the knowledge you know about boundaries by living it,
- would like to increase your self-awareness and self-knowledge,
- build a grounded sense of self-confidence and self-worth, and
- want to keep growing and learning so you can lead a harmonious and whole-hearted life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't worry, I know technology can be challenging and frustrating, so I have made it simple and easy to participate. Do you currently have -
- an e-mail account?
- can access the internet?
- access to a reasonable internet connection?
Yes - Great! You will be able to participate in the Boundaries With Courage Toolkit!
Of course you can. That is one of the reasons why the Boundaries With Courage toolkit is online, so it opens up access to womxn in their own time.
Why I created Boundaries With Courage...
Hi - I am Jane - thanks for dropping by. I created the "Boundaries With Courage" course after my own challenges with boundaries and losing my own sense of self. During that time, I was meeting many womxn who have had similar experiences (i.e. not valuing, trusting themselves or their gifts). What they said they required was a simple, easy to understand process for understanding their boundaries, so they could develop effective and sustainable habits for looking after themselves and trusting themselves. Subsequently, the "Boundaries With Courage" toolkit was created.
The process has been specifically designed for womxn to feel empowered as they increase their clarity, knowledge and understanding of their boundaries, get organised and develop their own steps towards creating healthy boundaries with the support of their Inner Circle of Trust (i.e. the trusted support people in their life).
Boundaries With Courage is an online (un)learning toolkit for professional womxn who are ready to invest time, apply their knowledge and take action towards creating healthy boundaries so they can reclaim their own time and energy and start to live the career and life they love.