Why Emotional Intelligence?
The World Economic Forum indicated that emotional intelligence will be in the top 10 required skills individuals require to thrive by 2020. There are many other reasons, both professional and personally, of why emotional intelligence is important, including -
- knowing yourself better,
- being able to better adapt to and cope with change,
- building high performing teams,
- increased employee engagement,
- executing performance effectively and efficiently, and
- developing trust and empathy within relationships.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Originally John Mayer and Peter Salovey (1997) defined emotional intelligence as involving the abilities to -
"...monitor one's own and other's feelings, discriminate among them, and use this information to guide's one thinking and action."
However, since 1997, Mayer and Salovey have redefined emotional intelligence as -
- the ability to perceive emotions,
- to access and generate emotions to assist thought,
- to understand emotions and emotional knowledge, and
- to reflectively regulate emotions to promote emotional and intellectual growth (Mayer & Salovey, 1997).
Then in 2016, Mayer et al, further refined their definition as the four-branch model of emotional intelligence, with the four branches being -
- perceiving emotion,
- facilitating thought using emotion,
- understanding emotions, and
- managing emotions.
How It Works...
Thriving You - Cultivating Emotional Intelligence for Work and Life is all about you developing emotional intelligence, so you can apply it in your work and life (if you choose to of course).
You can join in two ways - via individual monthly sessions or for the full 10 months.
Each month in the Masterclass we will meet and discuss the monthly theme (outlined below). In the Masterclass, I will guide you through -
- Research based on that theme of emotional intelligence,
- Inquiry questions and journalling prompts to help support your (un)learning on the monthly theme and take action on what sparks your curiosity at that time,
- Activities and/or exercises to deepen awareness and let-go of any resistance to your hearts desire,
- Simple habit ideas to help support you to deepen your own wisdom and centre within your own being, and
- Stories and poetry to feed your own inner guide and wisdom.
What are the Monthly Themes in Thriving You?
The monthly Masterclasses are on a Monday night from 6.30pm-7.30pm and the themes are as follows -
Theme 1 - Developing Self-Awareness
Monday March 1, 2021.
Theme 2 - Cultivating Self-Management
Monday March 29, 2021.
Theme 3 - Enhancing Emotional Literacy
Monday April 26, 2021.
Theme 4 - Recognising Patterns in Actions and Behaviours
Monday May 24, 2021.
Theme 4 - Responding and Behaving Intentionally
Monday June 21, 2021.
Theme 6 - Navigating Emotions
Monday July 26, 2021.
Theme 7 - Exercising Agency and Ownership
Monday August 23, 2021.
Theme 8 - Fostering Intrinsic Motivation
Monday September 20, 2021.
Theme 9 - Increasing Empathy
Monday October 18, 2021.
Theme 10 - Living Your Purpose
Monday November 15, 2021.
Here's What Else You Receive By Belonging to Thriving You...
As you have seen there are two ways to join Thriving You - via the individual monthly sessions or for the full 10 themes.
The inclusions for each are outlined below...
Individual Monthly Circle
- 1 x 60-Minute Live Masterclass
- 1 x Themed e-Workbook
- Daily Energy e-Tracking Sheet
- Daily Inspirational Quote/Reminder for 28 days
- Unlimited E-mail Access from Jane for 28 days
Investment for 28 Days - $47
Full 10-Month Circle
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment and Debrief (Valued @ $295)
- 10 x 60-Minute Live Masterclasses
- 10 x Themed e-Workbooks + 20 extra lessons
- Daily Energy e-Tracking Sheet
- Daily Inspirational Quote/Reminder for 280 Days
- Unlimited E-mail Access from Jane for 280 days
- Access to the Online (Un)Learning Hub for 280 Days
Investment for 280 Days - $495
This is what we will be focusing on in Thriving You...
When you join Thriving You, you will join other people who will be (un)learning to -
- Thrive as a person and leader in ways that don’t involve hustling, working harder,
- Trust themselves and know what is their responsibility and what is not,
- Understand the benefits and rewards of asking for help,
- Gain energy from personal values and commitments (i.e. intrinsic motivation),
- Accurately identify and acknowledge feelings and emotions,
- Acknowledge frequently recurring reactions and behaviours, so you can tweak them if you choose,
- Assess, harness and transform emotions as a positive resource,
- Reclaim their own authenticity and power (yes you do have it), and
- Discover and invest in their own needs and dreams, so they can focus on what matters to them!
When you join Thriving You, you'll benefit from -
As you participate, engage and do the work in Thriving You on a regular basis, you will discover additional self-worth, self-acceptance and evolve as a person. When you start to re-align with your own heart, mind, body and soul life starts to flow.
Yes I know you may know the steps you need to take, however are you actually taking them? If so, well done! If not, this is one of the reasons why people love the groups I have created - due to the structure and accountability. Something happens when you commit to another person and not just yourself!
The key to life is paying attention and being present. Yes, this can be challenging. On the surface, it can appear easier to bolt and run away (don't worry I have done that many, many times), however in the long run it doesn't work. This is why we are going to continually practice coming back to focus on yourself and your needs.
You will receive support and encouragement. When was the last time someone gave you genuine support and celebrated you for being YOU? In Thriving You, we want to share your successes and learnings, no matter how big or small they may seem!
Why a 28-Day Cycle?
Depending on the research you read, some people say it takes 18 - 254 days to change or develop a habit and change the neural pathways in your brain. I am not sure which research to believe some days, however what I do know is that it takes awareness, action and commitment to create sustainable change and develop effective habits and only you can make those changes (no-one can do it for us).
Therefore, after each Masterclass you can decide what your focus and intention is and how you choose to practise and cultivate emotional intelligence.
I'm Ready to Join...
Who is Thriving You for?
Thriving You is for the CEO, the teacher, the assistant teacher, the nurse, the business owner, the real estate agent, the sporting coach, the accountant, the human resources manager, business services manager, the receptionist, the mum, the grandmother, the writer, the printer and anyone else who has a successful career and very real time constraints.
It is for the person who wants to be more, but most of all be present more. It is also for the woman who wants to do less. The person who wants to undo what they have done and stop pushing to do and allow more being to unfold.
Thriving You is for the person who is ready who is ready to stop, rest and begin to listen to their own inner wisdom and truth.
It is for the person who is ready to start a new project and bring something new in to the world. That project could be a book, a new business, a course or even transitioning in to a new job.
Thriving You is for the person who is ready to break-up with draining habits (i.e. "shoulds", "comparisons", "blame") and create greater freedom and sustainable wellbeing.
It is for all of us who are ready to practice being more alive and awake in this world, whilst increasing compassion, connection and courage.
Basically, Thriving You is about you coming home to yourself, showing up for your own emotional intelligence each day over the next 280 days.
Thriving You is for you if you are ready to...
- cultivate your emotional intelligence,
- break up with disempowering habits and create habits that connect you with your needs and purpose,
- step forward and stand in your own power and know you cannot do it all on your own,
- continue to succeed in a way that is connected to your heart, mind, body and sou,
- reconnect with your deepest potential and live in a more connected and sustainable way,
- build a grounded sense of self-confidence and self-worth and change self-sabotaging patterns,
- are waking up or have woken up to the truth of yourself as so much more than you thought,
- increase accountability in your work and life,
- manage short and long-term stress better at work and in life overall,
- would like access to consistent (un)learning and support to stay focused, and
- keep growing and (un)learning in their personal and professional life!
What Thriving You is NOT...
Thriving You is NOT -
- another blueprint, program or or 7-step course (human beings are too complex and simple for them - yes that is a paradox 🙂 ),
- about being perfect - it is about embracing your humanness and who you truly are whole-heartedly,
- following a program to get certain results. I cannot guarantee what you will receive (it depends on where you are and what you want to focus on for the month/year),
- and an advice giving space (as you are not broken and do not need fixing). It is about you returning to be the expert in your own life and learning to trust yourself fully.
Make time for your work and life, needs and desires...
Come and join me and give yourself the gift of your own attention and presence.
You will be grateful you did!
With the connection created in a safe and supportive environment and an investment of time and money, you will start to create work and life that is more aligned with who you are and a deeper sense of belonging. You will start to develop greater awareness, have more compassion for your self, increase your confidence and trust yourself. This is about progress, NOT perfection.
So if you already have these aspects covered you will dive deeper with the tools, activities and check-in time.
Ready to Join?
Please join us if you are ready to -
- whole-heartedly reconnect to you and take ownership and full responsibility for your life,
- deepen your relationship with yourself, other people and the world around you,
- commit to both the time and financial investment,
- be connected to a safe and supportive environment where “everybody matters”, and
- claim the future your heart desires.
Please find another space if you are not ready to -
- show up for yourself, be seen or tell yourself the truth,
- do the work, take ownership or be responsible or accountable for your life,
- learn, grow, change or be coached (as you already know it all),
- commit to both the time and financial investment, or
- want me to convince you Thriving You is worth it - it is worth it when you decide it is!
Who will you BE at the end of 2021?
Who would you be if you connected to your body, mind, emotions and spirit? Who would you be if you reconnected to your natural state of wholeness? Who would you be if you truly trusted yourself? Who would you be if you had someone in your corner who supported you and had your back? Who would you be if you truly allowed yourself to show up and be seen whole-heartedly as YOU? Who would you be if you knew your voice mattered and you could express your own truth?
Your investment in Thriving You is an investment in you becoming that person - one step at a time.
*** Time Sensitive Bonus ***
Since we are starting in February 2021 and you might be ready to go, so I am gifting you the Slow Down and Tune In Journaling Toolkit (priced at $75) if you choose to go on the full 10 month adventure. That way you can start slowing down and tuning in now. However, this gift is only available until 14/2/21.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't worry, I know technology can be challenging and frustrating, so I have made it simple and easy to participate.
Do you currently have -
- an e-mail account?
- access to Zoom?
- access to a reasonable internet connection?
- know how to watch Youtube or access videos online?
Yes - Great! You will be able to participate in Thriving You!
Of course you can! That is precisely why this is online - so we can cater for individual needs and requirements.
You get access to the Masterclasses I host. The Masterclasses include self inquiry, journalling and exercises. You will also have access to unlimited e-mail throughout the time you are a member of Thriving You. If you choose the 10-month adventure, you will also receive 1 x 60-minute debrief with me.
Thriving You is a self-awareness, self-care and (un)learning process, not coaching. Participants in the course take responsibility for their own experience and changes in behaviour. If you choose the 10-month adventure, you will also receive a Emotional Intelligence Assessment.
Jane Taylor and any guest experts do not have a professional relationship with them, unless participants choose to hire them for other services.
It is important to understand that Thriving You is NOT mindfulness or psychotherapy training. However, it could be a useful add-on to these as well as education/teacher and human resources training.
Thriving You is all about education - providing tools, strategies and resources to support you to cultivate emotional intelligence and then make any changes you choose to and become the expert in your own life and stand in your own power.
If you are in psychotherapy whilst you are involved with Thriving You, please tell your therapist.
No, it is not.
Thriving You is all about education and you developing self-awareness and self-trust (and of course emotional intelligence), it is not for treatment for any physical or mental health condition. All participants in the community agree to take responsibility for their own experience and the actions they take.
Each month, we will have the 1 x 60-Minute Masterclass @ 6.30pm-7.30pm QLD Australia Time.
The schedule is as follows –
Monday March 1 2021 - Developing Self-Awareness
Monday March 29 2021 - Cultivating Self-Management
Monday April 26 2021 - Enhancing Emotional Literacy
Monday May 24 2021 - Recognising Patterns in Actions and Behaviours
Monday June 21 2021 - Responding and Behaving Intentionally
Monday July 26 2021 - Navigating Emotions
Monday August 23 2021 - Exercising Agency and Ownership
Monday September 20 2021 - Fostering Intrinsic Motivation
Monday October 18 2021 - Increasing Empathy
Monday November 15 2021 - Living Your Purpose
You will receive an reminder just before each Masterclass.
Great, because this is not a program. This is about you developing your own self-awareness, cultivating your emotional intelligence and learning to trust your own inner wisdom.
Each Masterclass is a standalone experience and you choose what you want to focus on at the end. However, there is also the Daily Energy Tracker, so you can tune in and learn to master your own energy and notice where you are each day.
Why I created Thriving You...
Hi - I am Jane Taylor - let me share a little bit about Thriving You.
Last year, I created Untangling Emotional Literacy. The people who completed this course, really enjoyed it and found it useful. However, as emotional literacy is the foundation of emotional intelligence, I had people asking for more as they wanted to continue to cultivate emotional intelligence. Subsequently, Thriving You was born...
Thriving You is an online (un)learning haven for people who are ready to invest time and attention to cultivate emotional intelligence in their work and life, so they can make conscious and empowering choices and lead a Whole-Hearted life.