How does the Embodying You (Un)Learning Circle work?
The complete 10 topics are outlined below -
Month 1 - Rejecting the Diet Mentality
Monday February 22, 2021.
Month 2 - Honouring Your Hunger
Month 3 - Making Peace with Food
Month 4 - Challenging the Food Police
Month 5 - Discovering the Satisfaction Factor
Month 6 - Feeling Your Fullness
Monday July 19 , 2021.
Month 7 - Coping with Your Emotions with Kindness
Month 8 - Respecting Your Body
Month 9 - Movement: Feel the Difference
Month 10 - Honouring Your Health with Gentle Nutrition
What Will You Learn?
There are many areas that we will be focusing on in the Body Literacy and Intuitive Eating (Un)Learning circle, including -
- The 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating,
- Information and knowledge about each principle and how they relate to each other,
- The research behind why diets don't work in the long-term,
- Tools and strategies to implement intuitive eating in to your life today,
- How to recognise the subtle diet rules and restrictions you’ve been holding onto, so you can release them,
- Why self-compassion is so important in transforming your relationship with food and your body,
- How to stop punishing your body and start listening and nourishing it,
- What emotional eating really is and how to honour it,
- Ways to comfort, nurture and nourish your body without using food, and
- The importance of enjoying and eating for pleasure and satisfaction.
N.B. What you will (un)learn, really depends on if you sign-up for the full 10 months or the individual monthly circle. If you would like to know the intentions and outcomes for each month, please log-in to the (un)learning hub, so you can see them (especially if you are choosing the monthly option).
When you join Embodying You, you'll benefit from -
Personal Growth & (Un)Learning
As you participate and engage in the Embodying You, you will discover additional self-awareness and evolve as a person.
Accountability & Focus
No longer will you feel like you are trying to do it all by yourself! In Embodying You, you will be part of a partnership learning and practising intuitive eating and mindfulness in every day life. You just might find yourself more inspired to take action when you have a support system cheering you on!
Practice, Practice, Practice
The key to life is paying attention and being present. Yes, this can be challenging. On the surface, it can appear easier to bolt and run away (don't worry I have done that many, many times), however in the long run it doesn't work. This is why we are going to continually practice coming back to focus on yourself and your needs each week.
Energy & Flow
There may be days (or weeks) in your career or life when you do not have very much energy. However, when you are aligned with your own heart and soul and other people something happens and life starts to flow with ease and grace.
Encouragement & Support
You will have encouragement from Jane. When was the last time someone gave you genuine support and celebrated your successes? In Embodying You, we want to share your experiences and learn with you!
What's included in the Embodying You Circle?
There are many inclusions in Embodying You and it depends if you join the monthly circle or the full 10-month circle. All of the inclusions are outlined in the free trial (just sign-in here to see them).
The inclusions are -
Who is the Embodying You Circle for?
The Embodying You experience is for you, if you -
- know it is time to make peace with food and your body,
- are ready to give yourself permission to look after you,
- know it is time to stop and focus on your needs and self-care,
- are ready to ditch the diet mentality and start discovering another way of eating,
- want to have more time for yourself (without the guilt or worrying about counting calories),
- believe you would benefit from education and support, whilst you untangle from any draining habits that are holding you back from living a whole-hearted life,
- are ready to start listening to your body's wisdom and trusting yourself more,
- know it is time to move outside your comfort zone (and the stress zone) and move towards what you want in life,
- are ready to free up your mental space and focus on creating the life you want, instead of focusing on dieting,
- would like to increase your self-awareness and self-knowledge,
- build a grounded sense of self-confidence and self-worth, and
- want to keep growing and (un)learning so you can lead a harmonious and whole-hearted life.
3 Reasons to Join the Embodying You Circle...
There are a number of reasons to join us in Embodying You, including -
- Embodying You is live and interactive. Jane, who is an experienced intuitive eating and mindfulness teacher / coach will guide you over the 10 live sessions.
- Draining habits (like judgement, comparison and self-sabotage) are stopping you from taking the next step in your career or life. You cannot think your way out of these draining habits, you have to find the courage and untangle them with awareness, compassion and action. In the course we will be supporting you to take action and tap in to the power within.
- The Body Literacy and Intuitive Eating circle is simple (but not always easy and can be quite challenging) and is grounded in research.
Feedback from Past Participants...
Ready to Join?
Frequently Asked Questions...
The Research Behind Intuitive Eating
There are a number of studies and research on intuitive eating. These have found that intuitive eating in linked to -
- lower body mass index (BMI),
- increase in body acceptance,
- lower rates of disordered eating,
- lower rates of emotional eating,
- increase in intrinsic motivation to engage in physical activity,
- lower serum triglyceride levels,
- reduce risk for overall risk for heart disease,
- coping better with feelings around food, and
- increase self-compassion and psychological wellbeing.
Don't worry, I know technology can be challenging and frustrating, so I have made it simple and easy to participate.
Do you currently have -
- an e-mail account?
- can access Zoom, and
- access to a reasonable internet connection?
Yes - Great! You will be able to participate in the Embodying You course!
Of course you can. That is why we having a variety of ways you can access the Embodying You Circle.
No, it is not.
Past participants in the Embodying You course have reported:
- increased ability to relax,
- more energy and enthusiasm for life,
- greater understanding of their emotions and increased emotional intelligence,
- improved self-compassion and self-acceptance,
- greater capacity to cope with short and long term stress, and
- a decrease in both physical and psychological symptoms.
Embodying You is offered in Australian (AUD) currency.
Jane, how did you become trained in Body Literacy and Intuitive Eating?
So glad you asked! Besides practising mindfulness (since 2008), doing various trainings in mindfulness since 2009 and then becoming an MBSR teacher, I felt something was missing. On my adventures, I was looking for something else and in September 2017, I completed the teacher training for Mindful Self-Compassion (and now a trained-teacher) and then in December 2018 I completed the MB-EAT Training to become a certified instructor. I still felt a piece of the puzzle was needed. Since, I had been interested in eating from my days as an athlete, when I came across Intuitive Eating, I felt I had found that missing piece of my puzzle. Subsequently, I did my training and am now a trained professional in intuitive eating.