Extended DISC Profile System
What Is the Extended DISC Profile System?
The Extended DISC Profile System is a model that has been developed to measure a person's favoured behavioural style within the workplace and is based on the work of William Moulton Marston. DISC is an acronym for -
- Dominance/Driver – fast paced/task oriented
- Influence/Inspiring – fast paced/people oriented
- Steadiness/Stable – slower paced/people oriented
- Conscientiousness/Correct – slower paced/task oriented.
The Extended DISC Assessment has been designed to observe and analyse behaviour and can be used as part of a self-development/leadership program.
The assessment provides the following information -
Behavioural style overview
Attributes describing the person
How the person responds to supervision
How the person prefers to make decisions
What motivates the person
What the person fears
Strengths and weaknesses
Work style tendencies
What type of work environment the person prefers
How the person appears under stress and what they need
What are the Types of Extended DISC Assessments?
There are 3 types of Extended DISC Profile Assessments. They are -
- Individual - a profile tool for measuring an individuals preferred behavioural style within the workplace. This is a useful tool not only for the individual him/herself, but for everyone who is communicating with that person.
- Pair - identifies how two (2) individuals complement one another and where the gaps exist and highlighting what the individuals should remember, accept and practice when working together.
- Team - shows the team dynamics, the strengths and development areas of the team, and how the team members are adjusting their behaviours in the existing work environment.
What are the Applications of the Extended DISC Profiling System?
There are many applications for the Extended DISC Profiling System, including -
- Assigning roles to individual strengths and motivators,
- Conflict resolution,
- Customer service,
- Building effective communication,
- Succession planning,
- Coaching and mentoring,
- Leadership and executive development,
- Sales training, and
- Maximising effectiveness and efficiency within individuals and teams.
What are Specific Style Reports?
The Specific Behavioural Style Reports relate the Extended DISC assessment results to more specific job roles and their requirements. They provide useful information that point directly to certain tasks and job functions within the job role.
It is recommended that the Specific Style Reports that relate to the present or potential future role of the person be used. A few of the applications of the results include:
To identify potential support needs,
To help in managing the person,
To help in personal development,
To help in career development, and
To assist with recruitment.
If you would like to know more about the Extended DISC Assessments or enquire about having them completed in your workplace, please contact us by pressing the enquire now button below.
Alternatively, if you are an individual and are ready to go, you can press purchase now and it will take you to the payment page to purchase the Extended Disc Assessment (cost is $295 for an individual assessment, which includes a 1 hour debrief).
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many benefits to Extended DISC, including -
- It is extremely difficult to cheat the assessment.
- The assessment measures 160 different styles, some others only measure 16.
- Assesses pressure and stress of the individual.
- Has been designed for the workplace and shows natural behavioural style compared to workplace tasks and lists workplace strengths and development areas.
- Has the largest text bank available.
- Measures the individual on both conscious and subconscious behaviours.
- Can be administered in 60 languages and printed in 42 languages.
Of course you can! The Extended DISC Profile is available in 60 languages and can be printed in 42 languages.
Specific Style Reports are available for the following 10 job roles:
- Customer Service,
- Office / Administrative,
- Training, and
- Information Technology.
Please e-mail email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
"Great! Thanks. I feel positive to continue on my life journey knowing what I can work on to continue to have success in life." - School Principal
"Can see myself using all of these skills. Great leadership and facilitating a comfortable/safe space Jane." - Teacher, Brisbane
Click here to read more.
Time to Create a Start Doing List? March 14, 2023
Is It Time to Show Up for You? March 11, 2023
The Difference Between Urgent and Important Tasks February 18, 2023
Time to Rethink Rest? February 4, 2023
Ready to Make Some Tiny Tweaks? January 30, 2023