About Habits for Wellbeing...
Habits for Wellbeing is about you!
It is about your health, your money, your relationships, your lifestyle and stepping forward in to your ability to live in to your potential.
Habits for Wellbeing focuses on you mastering YOU and being proud fo the person YOU are.
It is not about you following me or a 3, 5 or 8 step program either. Human beings are far more complex than that!
What matters is you!
What is a change for you? What is sustainable for you? What is your unique starting point? What's going on in your world? How much time and energy do you have to put in to change? What makes you feel your best?
I am not here to teach you my own guidelines.
I am here to support you to reconnect with your own dreams and help you to develop tools that work for you.
Though the plans may change, the approach is ongoing and happens over and over.
Habits for Wellbeing is your invitation to step out of that cycle and develop lasting change that is based on you!
Our Vision is to Support Women to Change the Way They See Themselves.
Our mission is to support women to reconnect with their own courage and take ownership of their life through coaching and education so they can make their contribution to the world and create their own work / life bliss.
"Reconnect with Your Courage to BE the Sovereign of You.. One Habit at a Time."
What does this mean?
- Just like Aristotle said - “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
- It is important to take care of yourself first, so then you can help others (i.e. you cannot give from an empty well),
- "The art of being yourself at your best is the art of unfolding yourself into the personality you want to be. Learn to love yourself, be gentle with yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others." ~ Wilfred Peterson
- We are here to live in love not fear and the way we get there is to follow our own hearts and release what is blocking us by taking one step at a time (one habit at a time) - moment by moment...
- If we all found the courage to be our true selves, follow our dreams, shine our light and share our unique talents and gifts, the world would be different.
At Habits for Wellbeing, we've realised -
- Self-knowledge is the beginning of wisdom, just like Aristotle said - “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
- Every person has unique talents, skills and strengths to offer this world and we want you to share them. However, permission to use them can only come from you!
- YOU are the expert in your own life (sometimes we just need some support to feel the barriers of what is holding us back from opening your heart).
- Every moment of every day we have choices to make (either conscious or subconscious). The choices are either based in love or fear - WE CHOOSE LOVE!
- In honouring the Yin (the feminine) and the Yang (the masculine) to live in peace and harmony.
- When we discover the courage to change from within our own mind and hearts, that change impacts families, workplaces, communities and the world.
We deeply care about people and everyone's career, life and well-being matters (mine, yours and everyone else's as well). We are all in this together, so let's support each other by being real and authentic with each other so we can let each others light shine!
- Acceptance – through a deep acceptance, appreciation and connection with this moment
- Courage – to keep (un)learning, be seen, heard and gently meet ourselves wholeheartedly and live with vulnerability
- Empowerment – by acknowledging and recognising every person’s potential within
- Excellence - we aim for excellence (not perfection) in everything we do
- Freedom - allowing people to discover the truth of themselves
- Respect – for every person’s journey and ‘YOU’niqueness
- Responsibility – we do what we say and abide by our moral, ethical and professional responsibilities
- Simplicity - we focus on what matters and keep things simple and real
- Transparency & Openness – we communicate transparently, honestly and openly
How Can We Help?
Habits for Wellbeing works with women who are ready to step forward, reconnect with their courage so they can embrace their gifts and talents and create their own version of work / life bliss. Maybe you haven't fully seen or believed in your gifts, strengths or potential, but those around you have! However, as the days go by, you are starting to realise there is something more, something deeper, calling you and that call doesn't seem to be going away.
Maybe you are ready to -
- Get clarity on your personal and/or professional life, including what happiness means for you and start following your dreams?
- Find the courage and make the transition in to that business idea or career position you want (and remove any limiting beliefs or self-sabotaging behaviours along the way)?
- Let go of self-doubt and/or unworthiness (i.e. the lies you were told and believed) and feel confident in the 'real' or 'true' you?
- Rediscover your own values, personal power, worth and aliveness, however need some support to begin?
- Start taking better care of yourself and put your self-care and wellbeing back on your agenda?
- Love your life, honour your truth and be who you are and let go of what other people think?
- Expand in to the fullness of your heart and live a purposeful/meaningful life?
- Move from financial chaos or overwhelm to financial well-being?
- Start saying YES to yourself?
Which is where Habits for Wellbeing steps in. We can support you as you make this transition and discover your courage, release the blockages and find your way back to yourself by opening your heart. Contact us if this sounds like you.
Why Choose to Work with Me?
Because I am passionate about seeing YOU lead and be your true self - step forward, discover your courage and reclaim your truth so you can live a blissful career and life.
My philosophy of coaching/mentoring links in with the following quote by Lao Tzu - "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." The people I work with are often sensitive introverts, who care about being their true self, living a mindful and compassionate life, whilst making a contribution to the world (which is their gift).
To become a coach and mentor, I trained with the LCA and this training supported my previous Masters of Educational Studies and double degree as a Health and Physical Education Teacher. I have experience in helping people across the world through coaching and leading workshops in the areas of leadership, coaching, mindfulness meditation, nutrition coaching, mental health promotion and prevention and organisational wellbeing. You can read a longer version about Jane here.
Click here to discover the ways you can work with me.
Professionals: working with professionals (i.e. teachers, lawyers, bankers) to support them to make a transition in their career and life or start to look after themselves more so they can create inner harmony.
Education: working with teachers and support staff in primary, secondary and higher educational settings. This has included delivering leadership and core employability skills (e.g. self-management, emotional intelligence, resiliency and self-efficacy skills) for executive teams and working with teachers and support staff on how to develop leadership and resilience in their students and themselves.
Entrepreneurs & Business Owners: working with entrepreneurs, small and solo business owners to help them develop the mindset, vision and communication skills to grow success. This has been done through facilitating workshops, events and coaching to enable and support individuals and teams to take action towards their vision.
Athletes and Coaches: as a former professional tennis player, this is close to my heart. I work with athletes to support them to enhance their emotional intelligence, develop their self-management and leadership skills or resilience.
And you: the individual.
I am passionate about helping women and athletes wake up and realise their voice matters in their career and life. I do this by supporting them to reconnect with their confidence embrace their gifts and transition in to doing the things they love now, so they can live a life of flow and freedom.
I am the creator of a number of communities, including the Sovereign Circle - an online community for women who are ready to find the courage, release what is no longer serving them and be themselves, so they can discover the truth, freedom, love and joy within their life. Rumi puts it like this - "What you seek is also seeing you." and the Lao Tzu - “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”
For a long time, I had no idea of what I really wanted from life and I had disconnected from my feelings and body. My early career choices playing tennis were more about pleasing other people (looking for happiness on the outside) and being who I thought I was. It wasn't until my early thirties, that I really started to question life, look after myself and discover who I was on the inside and started to align to my version of freedom, love and bliss.
My Wish for YOU
To realise that YOU and YOUR VOICE MATTERS and live a life of NO REGRETS! I really wish for you to untangle the fear and conditioning that is holding you back from remembering the truth of who you are -
"Reconnect with Your Courage and BE the Sovereign of You... One Habit at a Time."
"Great! Thanks. I feel positive to continue on my life journey knowing what I can work on to continue to have success in life." - School Principal
"Can see myself using all of these skills. Great leadership and facilitating a comfortable/safe space Jane." - Teacher, Brisbane
Click here to read more.
The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace February 11, 2019
What Would Your Note to Self Say? February 11, 2019
The Daily Practice That Can Change Your Life February 4, 2019
Life and Work - Starting to Understand the Implications February 4, 2019
Are You Being Honest With Yourself? February 4, 2019