Thanks for Dropping by Habits for Wellbeing...
WHY do we do what we do?
Our WHY is Simple - Because life is short and YOU MATTER.
Yes - Your Life, Your Gifts, Your Health, Your Voice, Your Money and Your Relationships 🙂
Our Vision is to Support Women to Change the Way They See Themselves.
Our mission is to support women to re-align with their own power and move from where they are now to where they want to be through coaching and education so they can connect with their true selves and make their contribution to the world.
"Discover Your Courage to Be Your Own Authority...
One Habit at a Time."
What does this mean?
- Just like Aristotle said - “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
- It is important to take care of yourself first, so then you can help others (i.e. you cannot give from an empty well),
- "The art of being yourself at your best is the art of unfolding yourself into the personality you want to be. Learn to love yourself, be gentle with yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others." ~ Wilfred Peterson
- We are here to live in love not fear and the way we get there is to follow our own hearts and release what is blocking us by taking one step at a time (one habit at a time) - moment by moment...
- If we all found the courage to be our true selves, follow our dreams, shine our light and share our unique talents and gifts, the world would be different.
I am passionate about helping people wake up and realise they matter. I do this by supporting them reclaim their power, embrace their gifts and transition in to doing the things they love now, so they can live a life of ease and freedom.
I am the creator of a number of communities, including Wholehearted Academy - an online community for women who are ready to find the courage, release what is no longer serving them and be themselves, so they can discover the truth, freedom, love and joy within their life. Rumi puts it like this - "What you seek is also seeing you." and the Tao the Ching - “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”
For a long time, I had no idea of what I really wanted from life and my early career choices playing tennis were more about pleasing other people (looking for happiness on the outside) and being who I thought I was. It wasn't until my early thirties, that I really started to question life, look after myself and discover who I was on the inside and started to align to my version of freedom and harmony.
At Habits for Wellbeing, we've realised -
- Self-knowledge is the beginning of wisdom, just like Aristotle said - “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
- Every person has unique talents, skills and strengths to offer this world and we want you to share them. However, permission to use them can only come from you!
- YOU are the expert in your own life (sometimes we just need some support to feel the barriers of what is holding us back from opening your heart).
- Every moment of every day we have choices to make (either conscious or subconscious). The choices are either based in love or fear - WE CHOOSE LOVE!
- In honouring the Yin (the feminine) and the Yang (the masculine) to live in peace and harmony.
- When we discover the courage to change from within our own mind and hearts, that change impacts families, workplaces, communities and the world.
We deeply care about people and everyone's life and well-being matters (mine, yours and everyone else's as well). We are all in this together, so let's support each other by being real and authentic with each other so we can let each others light shine!
- Acceptance – through a deep acceptance, appreciation and connection with this moment
- Courage – to keep (un)learning, be seen and gently meet ourselves and live in vulnerability
- Empowerment – by acknowledging and recognising every person’s potential within
- Excellence - we aim for excellence (not perfection) in everything we do
- Freedom - allowing people to discover the truth of themselves
- Love - recognising that every person is worthy of love, connection and belonging (i.e. living wholeheartedly)
- Respect – for every person’s journey and ‘YOU’niqueness
- Responsibility – we do what we say and abide by our moral, ethical and professional responsibilities
- Simplicity - we focus on what matters and keep things simple and real
- Transparency & Openness – we communicate transparently, honestly and openly
How Can We Help?
Habits for Wellbeing works with people who are ready to step forward, reclaim their power, so they can embrace their gifts and talents. Maybe you haven't fully seen or believed in your gifts, strengths or potential, but those around you have! However, as the days go by, you are starting to realise there is something more, something deeper, calling you and that call doesn't seem to be going away.
Maybe you are ready to -
- Get clarity on your personal and/or professional life, including what well-being means for you and start following your dreams?
- Find the courage and make the transition in to that business idea or position you want (and remove any limiting beliefs or self-sabotaging behaviours along the way)?
- Let go of self-doubt and/or unworthiness (i.e. the lies you were told and believed) and feel confident in the 'real' or 'true' you?
- Reconnect with and rediscover your own values, personal power, worth and aliveness, however need some support to begin?
- Start taking better care of yourself and put your self-care and wellbeing back on your agenda?
- Love your life, honour your truth and be who you are and let go of what other people think?
- Expand in to the fullness of your heart and live a purposeful/meaningful life?
- Move from financial chaos or overwhelm to financial well-being?
- Start saying YES to yourself?
Which is where Habits for Wellbeing steps in. We can support you as you make this transition and discover your courage, release the blockages and find your way back to yourself by opening your heart. Contact us if this sounds like you.
Why Choose to Work with Me?
Because I am passionate about seeing YOU lead and be your true self - step forward, discover your courage and reclaim your power so you live in freedom wholeheartedly.
My philosophy of coaching/mentoring links in with the following quote by Lao Tzu - "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." The people I work with are often introverts, who care about being their true self, living a mindful and compassionate life, whilst making a contribution to the world (which is their gift).
To become a coach and mentor, I trained with the LCA and this training supported my previous Masters of Educational Studies and double degree as a Health and Physical Education Teacher. I have experience in helping people across the world through coaching and leading workshops in the areas of leadership, coaching, mindfulness meditation, mental health promotion and preventional and organisational wellbeing. You can read a longer version about Jane here.
Click here to discover the ways you can work with me.
Education: working with students, parents, teachers and support staff in primary, secondary and higher educational settings. This has included delivering leadership and core employability skills (e.g. self-management, resiliency and self-efficacy skills) to students or working with teachers and support staff on how to develop leadership and resilience in their students and themselves.
Entrepreneurs & Business Owners: working with entrepreneurs, small and solo business owners to help them develop the mindset, vision and communication skills to grow success. This is done through facilitating workshops, events and coaching to enable and support individuals and teams to take action towards their vision.
And you: the individual.
My Wish for YOU
To realise YOU MATTER and live a life of NO REGRETS! I really wish for you to unravel the fear and conditioning that is holding you back from remembering the truth of who you are -
"Discover Your Courage to Be Your Own Authority...
One Habit at a Time."
How did I end up here?
I started my life in the Hunter Valley of NSW (Australia) and many of my earliest memories relate to tennis. I was given a tennis racquet for my fifth birthday and picked up tennis quite easily. One thing led to another and all of a sudden I was playing tournaments and doing quite well.
At 15, I won the National 16 & Under Singles Title and a few weeks later the National 18 & Under Singles Title. I was selected to go to the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra (Australia) and then travelled the world playing tennis for 10 years.
On the outside, it appeared I was doing well, however personally I had a lot of health issues whilst playing tennis - including viral meningitis and a herniated disc in my L4/L5 lumbar region. I struggled to cope with everything that came with being a tennis player (like fame and travelling the world) not to mention leading a harmonious life as I often felt something was missing. However, I did learn a lot about life and the diverse world we live in.
In 1994, I reached the 3rd Round of the Australia Open Singles Event (and was featured on A Current Affair), which was the pinnacle of my tennis career. After winning 10 International Tennis Federation Singles Events, a shoulder injury finally ended my tennis career at the 1997 US Open. I struggled with this transition – not only with not knowing what to do, but also because I felt tennis was the only thing people would talk to me about and now that was gone. I also wasn’t great at expressing emotions or being totally truthful and honest with myself with what I wanted (for a variety of reasons) - I totally wanted out of life.
I ended up going to university and graduating as a Health and Physical Education Teacher (with Hons). At the completion of university I moved to the Gold Coast (Australia). Besides the amazing weather and being by the beach, the main reason I moved away was because I wanted to reinvent myself and not be known as the tennis player anymore.
I went on to complete my Masters of Education Studies and taught as a health and physical education teacher for nearly three years, which I really enjoyed. I volunteered for a telephone counselling service and then went on to work in a national mental health and well-being initiative called MindMatters for 7 1/4 years. During that time, I delivered over 450 events to approximately 11200 people on leadership, mental health and wellbeing, including working with a number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Australia.
In August 2008, I found myself in silent mediation retreat. This retreat changed my life. I woke up and realised that everything I was searching for on the outside of myself was actually inside! Since that experience - I have been more committed to taking better care of myself and removing the masks I had worn and accumulated over the years, and become a more authentic, present, loving and honest person not only for other people, but also for myself!
As I continue to embody my experiences in life, I have done a lot of reflecting/inquiring and to be honest, I would not change ANY of them. Not the injuries, the abuse, loneliness, anger, the focus on striving and achievement, the thoughts and beliefs of “I’m not good enough”, "I'm not worthy of love, connection or belonging" or that other people’s opinion of me are more important than my own.
I wouldn't change any of them - not because I want to go through them again, but because those experiences have helped me learn the lessons I needed to learn and they have given me the confidence and insight to share my message. Every single one of those experiences has helped me to realise we are so much more than our physical identity or who we think we are.
As I have found the courage to be my true self, I feel aligned to be able to support other women to “Discover Your Courage to Be Your Own Authority... One Habit at a Time”, which is what Habits for Wellbeing is all about.
Jane's Formal Qualifications and Memberships
Masters of Educational Studies at Griffith University with Academic Excellence (GPA 6.5), Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Health and Physical Education at the University of Newcastle with Honours, Diploma in Life Coaching, Certificate IV in Life Coaching & Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) with the LCA, Certificate IV in Small Business (with the LCA), Certificate IV in Assessor and Workplace Training, Certificate IV in Management and Team Leadership. An Accredited Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation.
As Seen In...
"Great! Thanks. I feel positive to continue on my life journey knowing what I can work on to continue to have success in life." - School Principal
"Can see myself using all of these skills. Great leadership and facilitating a comfortable/safe space Jane." - Teacher, Brisbane
Click here to read more.