The Extended DISC Profile System is a model that has been developed to measure a person's favoured behavioural style within the workplace and is based on the work of William Moulton Marston. The Extended DISC Assessment has been designed to observe and analyse behaviour and can be used as part of a self-development/leadership program.
DISC is an acronym for -
- Dominance/Driver – fast paced/task oriented
- Influence/Inspiring – fast paced/people oriented
- Steadiness/Stable – slower paced/people oriented
- Conscientiousness/Correct – slower paced/task oriented.
Types of Extended DISC Assessments
There are 3 types of DISC ADVANCED® Profile Assessments. They are -
The Extended DISC Individual Assessment a profile tool for measuring an individuals preferred behavioural style within the workplace. This is a useful tool not only for the individual him/herself, but for everyone who is communicating with that person. Click here to read more.
The Extended DISC Pair Assessment identifies how two (2) individuals complement one another and where the gaps exist and highlighting what the individuals should remember, accept and practice when working together. Click here to read more.
The Extended DISC Team Assessment shows the team dynamics, the strengths and development areas of the team, and how the team members are adjusting their behaviours in the existing work environment. Click here to read more.
Applications of the Extended DISC Profiling System
There are many applications for the Extended DISC Profiling System, including -
- Assigning roles to individual strengths and motivators,
- Conflict resolution,
- Customer service,
- Building effective communication,
- Succession planning,
- Coaching and mentoring,
- Leadership and executive development,
- Sales training, and
- Maximising effectiveness and efficiency within individuals and teams.
7 Major Advantages of the Extended DISC Profiling System
The 7 major advantages of the Extended DISC profile system are -
- The psychometric instrument is easy to use and apply the information generated.
- DISC is the most widely used behavioural model in the world.
- You can generate individual, pair and team reports.
- The profile reports include action plan templates that can be used by the individual and/or manager/supervisor so information can be applied.
- The profile measures both the subconscious or ‘natural style’ and the conscious or ‘adjusted style’. This tells us both the preferred and therefore normal behaviour plus the adjusted behaviour brought about by reaction to the current environment.
- Extended DISC can indicate stress, uncertainty about role, insecurity, frustration, and pressure to change.
- The Extended DISC profile system can indicate the influence of the present environment on a person’s motivation.
Specific Style Reports
The Specific Behavioural Style Reports relate the Extended DISC assessment results to more specific job roles and their requirements. They provide useful information that point directly to certain tasks and job functions within the job role. The 10 available specific behavioural styles are -
- Customer Service
- Information Technology.
It is recommended the Specific Style Reports that relate to the present or potential future role of the person be used. A few of the applications of the results include:
To identify potential support needs,
To help in managing the person,
To help in personal development,
To help in career development, and
To assist with recruitment.
If you would like to know more about the Extended DISC Assessments or enquire about having them completed in your workplace, please contact us by pressing the enquire now button below.
Alternatively, if you are an individual and are ready to go, you can press purchase now and it will take you to the payment page to purchase the Extended Disc Assessment (cost is $295 for an individual assessment, which includes a 1 hour debrief).
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many benefits to Extended DISC, including -
- It is extremely difficult to cheat the assessment.
- The assessment measures 160 different styles, some others only measure 16.
- Assesses pressure and stress of the individual.
- Has been designed for the workplace and shows natural behavioural style compared to workplace tasks and lists workplace strengths and development areas.
- Has the largest text bank available.
- Measures the individual on both conscious and subconscious behaviours.
- Can be administered in 60 languages and printed in 42 languages.
There are many differences. Extended DISC has many advanced features not available with DISC Profile®. So while DISC Profile® is a very trusted assessment used by many leading organisations, if you want the very latest assessment that can be used across all applications, Extended DISC is for you. Please contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you in identifying the best fit for your needs.