Following are a variety of resources on mindfulness and compassion in coaching. As an ICF PCC, I get asked this question a lot, so I have decided to put some resources together.
I hope you find them useful and if you have a resource that you think would be a useful addition to this list, please contact us here. Also - please note, I advise doing specific training in mindfulness and self-compassion if you are wanting to include them in your coaching practice.
- The Mindful Revolution - Time Magazine
- Mindfulness Meditation Training changes brain structure in 8 Weeks
- "Three Keys to Mindful Leadership Coaching" - Forbes 23/1/12
- Cultivating Mindfulness is Essential Now - Coaching Supervision Academy
- Mindfulness in Coaching (2009)
Following are some resources for professional learning, growth and development in coaching related to mindfulness and compassion...
- Mindfulness Research Guide - informing mindfulness research and practice.
- Springer - advanced research, clinical practice and theory on Mindfulness.
- The Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society - a visionary force and global leader in the area of mind-body medicine.
- Institute for Mindful Leadership - "finding space to lead".
- Mindful.org - taking time for what matters!
- Brown, K.W., & Ryan, R.M. (2003). The Benefits of Being Present: Mindfulness and Its Role in Psychological Well-Being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84(4), 822-848.
- Chiesa, A., & Serretti, A. (2009). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Stress Management in Healthy People: A Review and Meta-Analysis. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 15(5), 593-600.
- Davidson, R., Kabat-Zinn, J., Schumacher, J., Rosenkranz, M., Muller, D., PhD, Santorelli, S., Urbanowski, F., Harrington, A., Bonus, K., & Sheridan, J. (2003). Alterations in Brain and Immune Function Produced by Mindfulness. Psychosomatic Medicine, 65, 564-570.
- Germer, C. (2004). What is Mindfulness? Insight Journal, Fall, 24-28.
- Hall, L. (2013). Mindfulness. Coaching at Work, vol. 8, issue 2, pp.34-38.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (2003). Mindfulness-Based Interventions in Context: Past, Present, and Future. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 10, 144–156.
- Passmore, J., & Marianetti, O. (2007). The Role of Mindfulness in Coaching. The Coaching Psychologist, vol. 3, issue 3, pp.131-137.
- Shapiro, S., Carlson, L., Astin, J., & Freedman, B. (2006). Mechanisms of Mindfulness. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 62(3), 373-386.
- Siegel, D. (2007). The mindful brain: Reflection and attunement in the cultivation of well-being. Infant Mental Health Journal, vol.22, pp.67-94.
- Spence, G., Cavanagh, M., & Grant, A. (2008). The integration of mindfulness training and health coaching: An exploratory study. Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, vol.1, issue 2, pp.1-19.
"Great! Thanks. I feel positive to continue on my life journey knowing what I can work on to continue to have success in life." - School Principal
"Can see myself using all of these skills. Great leadership and facilitating a comfortable/safe space Jane." - Teacher, Brisbane
Click here to read more.