Following are a variety of resources on mindfulness and compassion in education. As a registered teacher, this space is definitely a passion of mine!
I hope you find the resources useful and if you have a resource that you think would be a useful addition to this list, please contact us here.
Following are some resources for educators professional development...
Following are some books that can be useful to teach mindfulness and self-compassion to young people...
- Flook, L., Goldberg, S., Pinger, L., Bonus, K., & Davidson, R. (2013). Mindfulness for teachers: A pilot study to assess effects on stress, burnout and teaching efficacy. Mind Brain Educ, September 7(3).
- Jennings, P., Frank, J., Snowberg, K., Coccia, M., & Greenberg, M. (2013). Improving Classroom Learning Environments by Cultivating Awareness and Resilience in Education (CARE): Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. School Psychology Quarterly, Vol 28(4), p374-390.
- White Paper - Integrating Mindfulness into K-12 Education (2012)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for School-Aged Children (2011)
- Mindfulness Training for Elementary Students:Attention Academy (2005)
"Great! Thanks. I feel positive to continue on my life journey knowing what I can work on to continue to have success in life." - School Principal
"Can see myself using all of these skills. Great leadership and facilitating a comfortable/safe space Jane." - Teacher, Brisbane
Click here to read more.
5 Ways to Reduce Distractions November 26, 2020
Benjamin Franklin's 13 Virtues of Life November 22, 2020
5 Ways to Increase Self-Trust November 9, 2020
Shadow Comforts vs Self-Care - What's the Difference? November 8, 2020
Time to Lighten the Stress Load? October 25, 2020