Following are a variety of resources on mindfulness and compassion in education. As a registered teacher, this space is definitely a passion of mine!
I hope you find the resources useful and if you have a resource that you think would be a useful addition to this list, please contact us here.
Following are some resources for educators professional development...
Following are some books that can be useful to teach mindfulness and self-compassion to young people...
- Flook, L., Goldberg, S., Pinger, L., Bonus, K., & Davidson, R. (2013). Mindfulness for teachers: A pilot study to assess effects on stress, burnout and teaching efficacy. Mind Brain Educ, September 7(3).
- Jennings, P., Frank, J., Snowberg, K., Coccia, M., & Greenberg, M. (2013). Improving Classroom Learning Environments by Cultivating Awareness and Resilience in Education (CARE): Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. School Psychology Quarterly, Vol 28(4), p374-390.
- White Paper - Integrating Mindfulness into K-12 Education (2012)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for School-Aged Children (2011)
- Mindfulness Training for Elementary Students:Attention Academy (2005)
"Great! Thanks. I feel positive to continue on my life journey knowing what I can work on to continue to have success in life." - School Principal
"Can see myself using all of these skills. Great leadership and facilitating a comfortable/safe space Jane." - Teacher, Brisbane
Click here to read more.
Time to Thrive in Your Work and Life? January 16, 2021
2020 was My Year of Radical Acceptance January 4, 2021
Time to Practise the Reframe? December 28, 2020
What Chapter of Your Life Story Are You Going to Write Next? December 22, 2020
20 Quotes to Inspire You to Discover Your Joy November 30, 2020