Welcome to Day 2 of the 3rd Starting to Untangle Draining Habits 7-day Challenge.
Over 7 days, we are bringing awareness to different habits that cause undue stress, suffering or anxiety in our lives. At the end of each post, we share with you one simple step you can take to start to untangle the draining habit.
So far we have brought awareness to self-criticism.
Today we are going to focus on the habit of procrastination.
So let’s get started…
Draining Habit #2: Procrastination
If you have been a procrastinator for a while, you may already be familiar with the following definitions of procrastination –
- “the action of delaying or postponing something” ~ Google
- “the act of habit of procrastinating, or putting off or delaying, especially something requiring immediate attention” ~ Dictionary.com
- “the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or deferring an action to a later time” ~ The Free Dictionary
- “to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done” ~ Merriam-Webster
- “the action of delaying or postponing something” ~ Oxford Dictionaries
In the above definitions of procrastination, you probably noticed the words –
- act or action, and
- putting off, deferring or delaying.
Is there anything you would add to these definitions of procrastination?
Challenge: Starting to Untangle Procrastination –
Now we are on the same page about procrastination, let’s start to untangle it by knowing yourself. At some stage today, invest some time reflecting on –
- When do you do procrastinate most?
- What task/s do you procrastinate on most?
- How do you feel about doing this task/s?
- What are your fears associated with this task/s?
- How does procrastination affect your life?
As you are reflecting, make sure you remember your self-compassion. Now you have this awareness, what is your next step? Feel free to share any insights in to your reflection below or on our Facebook page here.
You might be interested in Wholehearted Academy, where we set aside time each week so you can continue to untangle these draining habits and live with your whole heart. Click here to find out more.